Best Faucet Water Filter Reviews In 2019
Mounted water filters are another efficient and economical way to get gallons of purified water without requiring too much effort or money. Most of the filters for the mounted faucet water filters can even last up to 3 months! Let’s dive right on in and review the best faucet water filters.
Best Rated Faucet Water Filters In 2019
This water filter can easily be installed to any standard size kitchen faucet. It is considered the best filter in the market when it comes to removing chlorine. Everything you need to install this filter is included in the box. This mounted faucet water filter cartridge has a life span that can filter up to 100 gallons of water. The length may vary depending on the size of your household, but on average it can last up to two months.
The Good (and Bad) about the Home Master
The DuPont WFFM100XCH Premier Faucet can easily be attached to a standard kitchen faucet. This small device excels in removing chlorine and other contaminants from your tap water. The best part about this filter is that it also helps improve the taste and odor of your tap water.
Why We Like it:
In second place we have the Culligan FM-15A Faucet Mount Filter, which is considered another economical great purchase for your kitchen. Culligan is not only a reputable company, but they truly care about their customer’s satisfaction. Hence, why they have ensured that their mounted water filters meet all regulations to be NSF certified.
The Good (and Bad) about the iSpring
The Culligan FM-15A Faucet Mount Filter can successfully purify 200 gallons of water. The length can vary based on the size of your household and the quantity of water consumed, but it should average around to approximately a two month time span. This filter is available in a polished white making it quite easy to fit in with any existing kitchen theme.
Why We Like it:
This 3 stage mounted water filter can remove lead from your water up to 99 percent. It can also remove 96 percent of the mercury found in your tap. Not only that, but this filter also excels in reducing the quantity of chlorine. The removal of all of these rough metals and chemicals will improve the taste and odor of your water drastically.
The Good (and Bad) about the CuZn
The PUR 3-Stage Horizontal Water Filtration can be purchased in two different colors giving you a better chance of finding the perfect color match to your kitchen decorations. This filter can be installed with one simple click and does not even require any tools. The best part about this filter is that it has a light that will display a different color to let you know that the filter needs to be replaced.
Why We Like it:
The PUR FM-3700 Advanced Faucet Water Filter is made by such a reputable company. PUR has been in the market for over 30 years and ranks at the top of the list with all the big competitors like Brita, Kenmore, and many others. This filter is one of their advanced models. Not only does it have an LED light to indicate when the filter needs to be replaced, but it also safely removes up to 99 percent of lead and other 72 sediments that are commonly found in tap water.
The Good (and Bad) about the APEC
Although this filter may seem it has a shorter cartridge life span, it has a level that allows you to turn on and turn off the filter. With that being said, you are not always using the filter. You get to decide when you need it. Ultimately, this feature will save you filter life and save you tons of money on replacing filters.
Why We Like it:
The Waterdrop 320-Gallon Water Faucet is a new filter that came into the market and has been turning necks ever since! It has been considered the best new water faucet filter. The main reason it has been so successful is because of the sleek and modern design. The sparkling white filter is very beautiful, and it has slight silver touches to match with your kitchen faucet.
The Good (and Bad) about the Home Master
This sparkling white filter has been revolutionary in the market because it can purify up to 320 gallons of water. On average, this may last a small household for approximately 3 months. Since this filter has an on and off flip, it also helps to conserve the durability of your water filter.
Why We Like it:
This Culligan filter is available in two different colors. Having the option to pick the color will help many ensure that they can find the right match to their kitchen appliances and any existing decor. This filter has been made with NSF certified parts to ensure that it meets all the safety requirements to provide you and your family delicious filtered water.
The Good (and Bad) about the Woder
The Culligan FM-25 Faucet Mount Filter is ideal for a small to medium sized household. This filter can provide you with 200 gallons of filtered water. You can easily have full control of when to use the filtered water. It only requires you to move a little button and you have direct access to the filtered water. This feature allows you to drastically expand the longevity of your filters.
Why We Like it:
The Brita On Tap Faucet Water Filter System is the perfect filter for anyone who receives moderately contaminated water because this filter has two in one. Not only does the double filter help increase the taste of your water, but it also does it much faster than other filters currently in the market. This filter can easily be attached to any standard kitchen faucet and replacing the cartridges take seconds.
The Good (and Bad) about the Filtrete
This filter is loved by many because it has three different spray settings for the regular faucet. Not only that, but the sleek design truly helps you save a lot of space from your countertop. This Brita faucet filter can safely remove up to 60 toxins from your tap water.
Why We Like it:
The Ultimate Faucet Water Filter Buying Guide (Everything You Need To Know)
Although these filters are relatively budget-friendly, we should mostly look into if the filter notifies you when a filter change is required, how long is the life span of a filter cartridge, can you flexibly move the filter and hose once it has been installed, and lastly does it match with your current kitchen appliances and decoration.
Before buying a Faucet, Mount water filter you should be taking into consideration these four very important factors.
What Features Should I Look for in a Faucet Water Filter?
Filter cartridge replacement sensor
This is a feature that is commonly appreciated by many. Most filters do not have this and require you to remember when to replace the filters. On the other hand, the filters that have a sensor will simply light up, to indicate that it is time to replace the filter. This is convenient because all you need to worry about is always having a filter on hand to replace it when needed.
Durability of the filter
These filters are small, which mean they have a shorter time span. Most filters can last from 1 – 3 months, depending on how much you use it and their capacity. If you are a large household, make sure to find a filter that meets your family’s needs and that it won’t require for you to change the filter so often.
Flexible filter housing
Clearly these mounted filters are ALWAYS attached to the kitchen faucet. The bulkier the model, the harder it can be to navigate your sink if you have a smaller one. Try to look for the mounting houses that are flexible and can rotate around whenever you need to wash different parts of your kitchen sink, however if you don’t like the look & feel of your faucet water filter then we suggest you invest in one the best under counter water filters.
Diverse color finishes
Not all models tend to have different finishing colors. With that being said, if you are obsessed about having an aesthetically looking kitchen, it is best for you to look for filters that offer a large color range.
Health Benefits of a Faucet Water Filter
The benefits of having a mounted faucet water filter are endless. However, let’s take a look at the 7 most commonly loved health benefits.
- Healthy and Delicious Water – Water filters help remove a lot of contaminants that are found in tap water. Some filters with multiple stage filtrations can even add nutritious minerals to your water that can help your body, hair, and nails.
- Easy Installation – Mounted kitchen faucet filters are extremely easy to install. They can be installed on standard kitchen faucets, and the installation process only takes a couple of minutes. Installing these faucets does not require any tools.
- Reduction in Chlorine Consumption – Consumption of chlorine has been linked with tons of diseases. Chlorine consumption may not be harmful at first, but it can affect your body long term. This is why most filters mostly focus on removing chlorine from your tap water.
- Improves the Taste and Odor – Heavy concentration of chlorine and other chemicals can give strong taste or odors. Since the filters get rid of unwanted harmful chemicals, bacteria, and much more, it also helps improve the taste and smell of your water.
- Environmentally Friendly – It is no surprise that we have a plastic problem in our environment. Single use plastic is one of the largest and most harmful industries for our mother earth. Installing a water filter you can start using reusable water bottles instead of single use water bottles.
- Reduces Heavy Metals – Even though our tap water is treated by the county, it still needs to travel under the city through old pipes before it reaches your home. Most of these pipes contaminate the water with heavy metals. This is one of the main reasons your tap water has a funky taste.
- Reduction of Nitrates and Nitrites – Both Nitrate and Nitrites are commonly found in pesticides. Some cases have been reported of these chemicals being leaked into water sources. These chemicals have a larger impact if consumed by children or elderly.
Installation Process of a Kitchen Faucet Water Filter
The installation process may vary per each model, but they normally share a lot of the same steps. The first thing you need to do is to remove your faucet’s aerator and replace it with the new one. Next, mount the housing house. Make sure that the new filter is already in place before you move on to the next step.
Next, turn on the water and let it run for 10 minutes to ensure that you allow the filter enough time to get active. During these ten minutes, move your faucet around and keep an eye to ensure that there are no leaks.
Faucet Water Filter Cleaning & Replacement
Replacing your filter may vary depending on the model you have purchased and the amount of water that you have used. These filters on average tend to last no more than 2 months at a time. However, you can reference back to the manufacturer’s instructions to see what the expected filter life span is, but if the filter it not filtering anymore and needs to be replaced we suggest you have a water filter pitcher handy. You can read more about our water filter pitcher comparison here.
If your filter does not have a sensor that indicates a replacement filter is needed, then you can also test your water. Testing your water can give you exact levels to see if your filter is working properly, or if it is due for a cleaning. Replacing the filter cartridges is very important! Make sure to write down when you made your last replacement, so you can keep track on average how long the filter is lasting you.
FAQ’s About Faucet Water Filters
What Should I Do With The Used Filters?
Do NOT throw away the old filters. One of the main reasons you may be using this, to begin with, is to help reduce the amount of single-use plastic waste. Most manufacturers offer a recycling service and may even send you a return shipping label to send back your old filter cartridges. However, if that is not the case, you can commonly find recycling services or campaigns in your local area.
How Often Do I Have To Change The Filters?
Each filter has a different life span. Make sure to read your manufacturer’s instructions and when they advise replacing the filter. If you do not use your filter frequently, you can test your water to see if there are any increased in toxins to determine if the filter is due for a change.
Does My Water Filter Remove Limescale?
Limescale is normally composed of calcium and magnesium. Although each filter may differ, most of the mounted faucet water filters do not remove calcium or magnesium. With that being said, these filters do not remove Limescale.
Best Faucet Water Filter in 2019 Recap
Which Filter Is Right For You?
- DuPont WFFM100XCH Premier Faucet: The DuPont WFFM100XCH Premier Faucet is listed first on the list because of the budget friendly price it is listed at. Normally we associate lower prices with lower quality; however, this filter excels in its purification process because it is NSF certified. The filter life span can last up to 100 gallons of purified water, which on average translates to two months of sparkling clean water.
- Culligan FM-15A Faucet Mount Filter: The Culligan FM-15A Faucet Mount Filter is a sparkling white mounted water filter that can easily be installed. This filter is also NSF certified, which means it successfully removes chlorine, mercury, lead, lindane, and many other sediments that are not only unhealthy but are also the reason why your water taste and smell funky. This filter can easily purify 200 gallons of water. Depending on the size of your home and your water consumption, this filter cartridge can last approximately 2 months.
- PUR 3-Stage Horizontal Water Filtration: The PUR 3-Stage Horizontal Water Filtration is available to be purchased in two different colors, white or traditional silver. This filter has 3 different purification stages that focus on removing lead, chlorine, and even mercury from your tap water. The main reason this filter is loved by most is that it has a light that will indicate you that it is time to replace your current filter cartridge.
- PUR FM-3700 Advanced Faucet Water Filter: The PUR FM-3700 Advanced Faucet Water Filter is available in 3 different finishes, silver, chrome, and black. This filter can safely remove contaminants like lead, mercury, chlorine, and 72 others up to 99 percent. This filter also has the commonly loved LED light that indicates when the filter cartridge is due for a replacement.
- Waterdrop 320-Gallon Water Faucet: The Waterdrop 320-Gallon Water Faucet is an elegant design that is very economical to obtain. This filter will exceed your expectations because not only does it have a competitive price tag, but it also is great at removing lead, mercury, chlorine, and unwanted bacteria from your tap water. This filter can filter up to 320 gallons of water.
- Culligan FM-25 Faucet Mount Filter: The Culligan FM-25 Faucet Mount Filter is available in two different colors. This filter is very affordable and can be used only on standard kitchen faucets. The life span of this filter can last approximately 2 months or up to 200 gallons of purified water. This filter does a fantastic job at removing lead, chlorine, mercury, and other contaminants that it is nearly impossible to taste the difference between filtered water and bottled water.
- Brita On Tap Faucet Water Filter System: The Brita On Tap Faucet Water Filter System is a fantastic filter because it removes all the unwanted toxins from your tap water with two filters. Brita ensures to use BPA free plastic with this filter to ensure that you are consuming safe water even after it has been filtered. This filter can last up to 100 gallons of purified water. Although this number may seem a bit low, it actually replaces the use of approximately 750 single use water bottles.
Final Thoughts on The Best Rated Faucet Water Filters
There you have it! Above you may find the 7 best faucet water filters reviews. All of these filters can be simply attached to your current water faucet. However, keep in mind that these filters are not always compatible with every kitchen faucet design that is currently out in the market. All of these filters range in prices and features.
We hope this article provides helpful information to guide you on your journey of selecting the water filter that is the best fit for your family’s necessities. If you would like to filter your whole house, then check out our whole house well water filtration system reviews.