Best Under Sink Water Filter Reviews 2019
If you are looking for an effective way to clean your drinking and cooking water, then investing in one of the best under sink water filters is the way to go! The under the sink filters purify the water through reverse osmosis and do not make any water waste in the process. The beauty of it is that you do not have to worry about it making a mess under your kitchen sink.
6 Best Under Sink Water Filter Reviews 2019
The Home Master Artesian is a countertop water filter that is made from NSF certified components. This filter can remove up to 98% of chlorine, lead, mercury, arsenic, and fluoride. It uses reverse osmosis to filter out all the unwanted chemicals and metals from your water.
The Good (and Bad) about the Home Master
This filter is directly made in the United States, which makes it even easier and quicker to purchase replacement filters. The life span of this filter can last up to a year or 2,000 gallons of filtered water or whichever comes first. This filter can be purchased with a pump, which helps reduce the water waste by 80 percent and increased your water production by 50 percent.
Why We Like it:
The iSpring is another countertop water filter that is made in Georgia in the United States. This filter is a 6 step water filter that words on reverse osmosis. This filter can supply your home with alkaline water.
The Good (and Bad) about the iSpring
This filter is ideal for use both at home or in a commercial environment. It is NSF certified and can clear your water up to 98% of all the toxic metals and chemicals. Their installation system is straight forward, and in case you get stuck, you may call their excellent customer service technicians to help answer any of your questions.
Why We Like it:
The CuZn UC-200 Under Counter Water Filter is a simple under sink filter that does not need an additional faucet. It is attached directly to your regular kitchen faucet meaning it filter’s all the water consumed in your kitchen. This is a popular filter amongst families who have a small kitchen since it takes up very little of their under sink storage space. This filter is NSF certified.
The Good (and Bad) about the CuZn
Although you may feel like buying this whole house water filter can be a steep investment, you ultimately will be saving more in the long run. Purchasing the Aquasana whole house water filter will help you save both on water and filters. This has been rated as one of the best filters to buy this year because it purifies up to1 million gallons of water. Aquasana offers a lengthy warranty for both the filter life and the filer of up to 10 years!
Why We Like it:
The APEC Top Tier Alkaline Mineral pH+ 6-Stage is a conventional countertop water filter. This filter has 6 different purification stages and filters. It includes the additional faucet to your unit, but it is only available in one finish. APEC can be found in California and they have proudly been in business for 20 successful years.
The Good (and Bad) about the APEC
The APEC filter can get successfully remove of up to 98% of mercury, arsenic, lead, and chlorine, and it can remove 94% of fluoride. APEC has been considered the best filter for alkaline water as of 2019. They make their filters with NSF certified parts.
Why We Like it:
The Home Master TMHP RO Filter System is another countertop sink that is also made with NSF certified parts. This filter has a low water waste, and it even has a UV light to get rid of the smallest microorganisms that may be found in your water. Amazon offers a loaded package for an additional cost that even includes the required tools to attach your refrigerator water line to the filter.
The Good (and Bad) about the Home Master
This filter can purify up to 2,000 gallons of water, which may even last you up to a year. This Home Master filter can get rid of up to 98% of fluoride, mercury, arsenic, lead, and chlorine. The installation and replacement of the filter’s cartridges is quite simple, and it is not time consuming.
Why We Like it:
The Woder 10K-GenII Ultra High Capacity Direct Connect Water Filtration System is a simple under sink water filter. This filter offers a 3 year life span or 10,000 gallons, whichever comes first. The installation system is very simple and does not require any plumbing work done. This filter is quite compact and ideal for any homeowners or renters.
The Good (and Bad) about the Woder
This filter can eliminate 99% of heavy metals, smells and taste, and heavy chemicals from your water. Woder has testes this filter in labs extensively to meet with ANSI standards (American National Standards Institute).
Why We Like it:
The Filtrete Advanced Under Sink Water Filtration System is a simple under sink water filter that is very easy to install. This filer is NSF certified and does not lower your water pressure. Also, this filter has 3 different versions that you can choose from based on the level of water contamination that can be found in your home.
The Good (and Bad) about the Filtrete
This filter can be purchased in 3 different versions. The Advanced feature will remove contaminants like sand, soil, sediments up to a 99.99 percent. It also can reduce strong smells and odor by 96.6 percent.
Why We Like it:
The Ultimate Under Sink Water Filter Buyer’s Guide (Everything You Need To Know)
Which Type of Under Sink Water Filters Is Right For You?
Simple Under sink Filter
The Simple under sink filters are quite popular amongst renters because of how affordable they are. The best part about them is that they require a very easy installation process. They do not require any modifications to the sink or an additional faucet. For this reason, renters find the simple under sink filter the most affordable and comfortable to use. Also, because renters would not need to ask their landlord for permission prior to installing the unit.
Conventional Under sink System
The Conventional under sink filter system is the one that filters only part of the water. It requires an additional faucet to release the water that has been purified, so they normally have a longer life span. Some of these filters have lower water pressure but are still loved by many because of the low maintenance they require.
The Benefits of an Under sink Water Filter
- Healthier skin, hair, and nails due to the less exposure to unwanted sediment and bacteria.
- Consuming water is more enjoyable since it no longer smells or taste funky.
- The filters with activated charcoal help remove unwanted chlorine from your water.
- The activated charcoal filters also help removed heavy metals from your filtered water.
- The under the sink filters do not fully remove fluoride, but it certainly lower your exposure.
- Under sink filters are a must have for a home with children or elderly because it removes nitrite and nitrate from the water, which is very dangerous for both children and the elderly.
- Since you will be using filtered water it also means your cleaning time is cut in half because it lowers the build up on your kitchen sink from all the heavy chemicals and bacteria.
4 Major Things To Look For When Buying an Under sink Water Filter
Testing the quality of your water is the first thing that needs to do prior to purchasing the filter. Testing the water will let you know which unwanted toxins are highly found in your area.
In doing so, you can look for the filters that specialize removing the number one sediment found in your water.
Ultimately, this is the best thing not only for your health but also for ensuring that you will have cleaner water. It will also improve the experience with may have your filter.
If you do your fair share of research before purchasing these filters, you will shortly discover that most require you to change the filter every 6 months give or take.
However, you can also find exceptional models that have cartridge longevity of 3 to 5 years. Although most brands advertise the longevity of the cartridge, how long it will last in your household will never be a guarantee.
The reason for that being because the water quality and water usage are directly correlated to the longevity of the filter.
Ease Of Installation And Filter Change
If you are a DIY lover, then installing filters may not be a concern. However, if this is not your concern, then you should look at the installation process to see if you could complete it or if you will need to hire a professional.
This is an important thing to factor into your budget. While the installation process is only a one time thing, it is even more important to look into the filter replacement process.
Since the under sink water filters normally require a frequent change, it is advised to look for a filter that will not require the use of tools and that take a short time. T
he most popular filters are the ones you can easily twist off and replace in a couple of minutes.
The common issue reported amongst many when it comes to having an unpleasant experience with a water filter is always low water pressure.
Simple under sink water filters have the reputation of offering a higher water pressure. However, since they filter water quickly, it also increased the possibility of the water not being filtered properly. This has often been seen with water that is highly contaminated.
On the other hand, conventional under sink systems offer lower water pressure, but the water is most likely to be perfectly purified.
Under Sink Vs Countertop Water Filters (which is better?)
Under Sink Systems Pros & Cons
Countertop Systems Pros & Cons
Both filters work well, but picking which is best truly depends on your household’s necessities and storage situation.
If you have limited under the sink storage space, then the under the sink systems may be a problem for you since they are larger, so it would be best to invest in a water filter for a sink faucet. If you have spent countless hours and dollars remodeling your kitchen, making it match to a T, then the countertop system may not be an identical match for you.
Both options are affordable and a great way for anyone who is renting a home to have access to purified water.
Under Sink Water Filter Installation (Step by Step) Process & Maintenance
Turn off the water valve and drain the pipes – it can be found under the sink.
Mark the location you will like to place or hang your new filter.
Connect the plumbing lines from your sink and the filter.
Open the water valve for your sink.
Test the filter to ensure there are no leaks.
Let the water run for 5 minutes prior to testing the water levels or consuming the water, to ensure that the filter has enough time to activate and purify the water.
How Often Should I Change My Water Filter Cartridge?
There is no single answer for this frequently asked question. Each filter may vary, so it is best that you take a look at the manufacturer’s instructions. Also, keep in mind that if you are a larger family, you may need to change your filter more frequently. We advise you to test your water from time to time, to ensure that you are not due for a filter change, but in case you are it’s always best to invest in a quality water filter pitcher for hard water.
Best Way To Clean & Replace Cartridges In Your Under Sink Water Filter System
The replacement process of your water filter cartridge is something you should also read about in the manufacturer’s instructions because this may vary from model to model. The main steps that will be required are:
- Turn off the water valve and drain the pipes.
- Open the filter and remove the old filter.
- Clean the interior of the filter of any mineral build up and insert a new filter.
- Turn the water on and keep an eye out for any leaks.
As always, make sure to let the water run for at least 5 minutes prior to testing or consuming the water.
Best Under Sink Water Filters in 2019 Recap
Which Filter Is Right For You?
- Home Master Artesian Under Sink Water Filter: The Home Master Artesian Under Sink Water Filter is a countertop water filter. It is a great filter because it can provide your home with alkaline water. Not only that, but the lifespan of this water filter can last up to a year. Replacing the filter cartridges is an easy process that does not even require you to use any wrenches or additional tools.
- iSpring RCC7AK Drinking Water Filter System: The iSpring RCC7AK Drinking Water Filter System is another countertop water filter that stands out in the market due to its 6 stage purification process. During the purification process, it adds magnesium and calcium to your water. iSpring offers exceptional customer service to their clients to help you solve any issues that may develop even during the installation process.
- CuZn UC-200 Under Counter Water Filter: The CuZn UC-200 Under Counter Water Filter is a simple under sink filter that can last up to 5 years. This brand excels in their customer service skills! Not only do they take care of their clients if any defects occur, but they also have tutorials for the installation process, they offer a 5 year warranty, and they even offer a 90 day money back guarantee.
- APEC Top Tier Alkaline Mineral pH+ 6-Stage: The APEC Top Tier Alkaline Mineral pH+ 6-Stage is made locally in California by the number 1 rated company in America. This conventional countertop water filter comes with a 2-year warranty. The installation process is simple, and they even include instructional videos to help make your installation process a quick and enjoyable experience.
- Home Master TMHP RO Filter System: The Home Master TMHP RO Filter System is a countertop water filter. This filter adds both magnesium and calcium twice during the purification process. Installing and replacing the filter's cartridges is a stress free process. This filter has an extra layer of protection. The UV light helps kill any tiny unwanted particles from your water.
- Woder 10K-GenII Ultra High Capacity Direct Connect Water Filtration System: The Woder 10K-GenII Ultra High Capacity Direct Connect Water Filtration System is a simple under sink water filter. The filter life can last up to 3 years or it can purify up to 10,000 gallons of water. The installation of this filter is so simple you can do it yourself.
- Filtrete Advanced Under Sink Water Filtration System: The Filtrete Advanced Under Sink Water Filtration System is a simple under sink water filter that offers great filtration regardless of the low price point. Installing the filter is very simple, and replacing the cartridges is even easier. This filter holds two different NSF certifications.
Final Thoughts on The Top Rated Under Sink Water Filter Reviews
There you have it! Above you may find the best under sink water filters of 2019. The first thing you should decide, before purchasing a filter is to verify which model works best with your home’s necessities and space. From there, move forward and find the filter that works best removing the sediments and chemicals that are found locally in your water. If you like our review check out some of the best undermount kitchen sinks on the market.