Best Whole House Water Filter Reviews 2019
It is no surprise that water quality is an issue worldwide. However, most homes regularly only filter their kitchen water. In order to keep your family safe, it’s a MUST to filter the water for the whole house with one the best whole house water filters. Using highly recognized water filters will make the water in your home even better than ever.
7 Best Whole House Water Filters In 2019
The SpringWell water whole house water filter is made right in the United States. They come with a 6 month money back guarantee with all its purchases. That isn’t all, they truly care about their customers and want to get the filter to them as fast as possible. If an order is placed before 2 pm Eastern Standard Time, they promise to ship the filter to you same day.
The Good (and Bad) about the SpringWell
The SpringWell whole house water filter is one of the most recognized filters currently in the market. They offer a 4 stage filtering process that only requires you to change the filter every 6 to 9 months. SpringWell excels in using advanced technology to ensure that the water pressure in your home is not affected.
Why We Like it:
This 2 stage whole house water filter is sold at an affordable price range. Home Master also helps you save money because their filter life lasts up to one year! This means that you will only have to purchase and replace the filters once a year. On the other hand, other companies require you to change the filter every 6 months or so.
The Good (and Bad) about the Home Master
The Home Master HMF2SMGCC whole house water filter is a 2-Stage System that is ideal for any 4 member household. It can provide up to 95,000 gallons of water which are more than enough to supply up to a year for a family of four. This filter removes nearly 95 percent of water deposits.
Why We Like it:
Aquasana has provided a way for households with different budgets to have equal access to their filter. On Amazon, you can pick the best filter that fits both your wallet and your household needs.
The prices can range from anywhere from 300 dollars up to over 1,000 dollars. The large range in price is due to the length of the filter life and because some even offer the UV technology feature to be added on.
The Good (and Bad) about the Aquasana
Although you may feel like buying this whole house water filter can be a steep investment, you ultimately will be saving more in the long run. Purchasing the Aquasana whole house water filter will help you save both on water and filters. This has been rated as one of the best filters to buy this year because it purifies up to1 million gallons of water. Aquasana offers a lengthy warranty for both the filter life and the filer of up to 10 years!
Why We Like it:
This affordable whole house water filter has three different stages of filtration. Each stage of the purification process helps remove unwanted things from your water. This unit removes odors, rust, sand/dirt, heavy chemicals and bacteria, chlorine, and other harmful things that can be found in your water.
The Good (and Bad) about the Express Water
The Express Water Whole House Water Filter is considered a budget friendly unit. This unit offers a comfortable price without affecting the quality of the filter. Each purchase even includes the pressure gauges to help you monitor if your filter is working up to standard.
Why We Like it:
Prior to purchasing the iSpring WGB32B water filter, it is advised to test your water. Since you can personalize what you would like removed from the water, it is best to test the water to see what you may have a lot of in your home.
The Good (and Bad) about the iSpring
The iSpring filter is ideal for removing chlorine, chemicals, and will help improve the smell and taste of the water. Most households of 4 can have this filter last for a year without needing to replace the filter. This filter has been proven to remove up to 95% of unwanted particles.
Why We Like it:
The 3M Aqua-Pure Whole House Water Filtration System is quite popular in the market due to the affordable price point and how little effort it takes to replace the filters. This filter can purify up to 20 gallons of water per minute. Lastly, it has been made with NSF certified parts.
The Good (and Bad) about the Aqua-Pure
This filter is not only listed at a budget friendly price, but Aqua Pure also promotes how little maintenance is required for this filter. They also advise installing a pre-filter system to keep out dust and dirt from your water. This filter comes with a 3 year warranty.
Why We Like it:
This filter is without a doubt one of the cheapest units available today. The Watts WH-LD Premier Whole House Water Filter System can handle water temperatures as high as 100 degrees Fahrenheit and as low as 40 degrees Fahrenheit.
The Good (and Bad) about the Watts Premier
The Watts WH-LD Premier Whole House Water Filter System is a great affordable filter. It comes with three replacement filters, and the whole unit itself is quite compatible with other filters out in the market. Since the filter is made directly in the United States, ordering replacement parts is much easier.
Why We Like it:
The DuPont Universal Whole House filter is the most economical filter we have on our list. This filter is ideal for a smaller household. However, larger households can use this, but it would require a filter change more often. This unit can purify up to 15,000 gallons of water, which should last around 2 – 4 months.
The Good (and Bad) about the DuPont
Since this filter has a shorter filter life, it is mostly recommended for smaller households. If you have a two person household, the filter would only require a replacement twice per year. This whole house water filter is not only cheap, but it is also certified. With that being said, you can be calm that your water will be filtered to perfection.
The Ultimate Whole House Water Filter Buyer’s Guide (Everything You Need To Know)
Whole House Water Filter Systems Installation & Maintenance
How To Install Whole House Water Filter?
- First, turn off the water supply of the home (make sure to drain the system out).
- Decide where you would like to install the filter (make sure to install it in an accessible place because you will need to replace the filters).
- Cut the pipe.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions to install the compression nut.
- Install the filter. (Make sure the on and off buttons are accessible).
- Check for leaks by closing the filter’s opening valve and open up the main water supply.
How Do You Change a Whole House Water Filter?
Eventually, it will be time to replace the whole house water filter. This is normally the only maintenance that is require for units.
The key in making the replacement of the filter is to ensure that the filter’s opening valve is closed and that you turn off the water supply for the whole house.
Lastly, after installing the new filter make sure to let the water run for at least 10 minutes to allow sufficient time for the new filter to work and purify the water.
Why a Whole House Water Filter System Is a Necessity?
A whole house filter is highly recommended for anyone living in an older home in the United States or even in Europe. Older homes have been built with pipes that may not be up to date with current health codes and new scientific developments.
Newer homes have been built with specific pipes to help reduce the amount of dangerous metals and toxins that can be found in water.
Even though if you live in a newer home, if you purchase a whole house water filter it can help reduce the funky smell and taste from the tap water in your home.
But Do I Really Need a Whole House Water Filter?
A whole house water filter is a must have for all households because it can truly change the health of your family.
Having purified water helps lessen your exposure to unwanted bacteria, heavy metals, and chemicals.
We have also seen plenty of correlations between those who own water filters in their home are more likely to have healthier skin and hair due to the lower chemical exposures.
What Is The Best Whole House Water Filter?
The SpringWell Water Whole House Water Filter System is hands down the best whole house water filter in the market.
Not only do they make a one of a kind product, but they truly care about their customer’s satisfaction. As a matter of fact, they offer a 6 month money back guarantee with all its purchases and can even ship the filter to you same day!
This filter is a long lasting water filter because it can filter up to 1,000,000 gallons of water for your whole house, yet it does not lower the water pressure of your taps.
How Does a Whole Home Water Filter Work?
The water filter is attached to the direct water line of the home.
This means that both cold and hot water are filtered whenever you need it.
Most filters have different purification stages.
The reason for this is that each stage will focus on removing specific things. In doing so, it helps to lessen the work of the filter and expands the longevity of the unit.
Recap on The Top Rated Whole House Water Filters
Which Water Filter Is Right For You?
- SpringWell Water Whole House Water Filter System: The SpringWell Water Whole House Water Filter System is a highly reputable filter in the market due to their advanced technology features. They are loved by many because once the filter is installed, it does not lower the water pressure of your home after it is installed. SpringWell also offers a UV technology add on feature for an additional price. They also include installation instructions that are easy to install by any DIY fanatic.
- Home Master HMF2SMGCC 2-Stage System: The Home Master HMF2SMGCC whole house water filter has two different stages of purification. This filter can clean up your water up to 95% of all the unwanted things you may find in your water; like bacteria, chlorine, heavy metals and much more. The two stage filter requires little to none maintenance in the year; nevertheless, it can filter up to 10 gallons of water per minute making it an ideal unit for an up to a household of 4.
- Aquasana 10-Year, 1,000,000-Gallon Whole House Water Filter: The Aquasana Whole House Water Filter is a top of the line filter. The filter life lasts up to 10-Year, and it can purify up to 1,000,000 gallons of water. This unit helps remove up to 97 % of unwanted sediments from your water. The main reason many love this filter is because it requires very little attention. Once it has been installed, it requires little maintenance, saving you both time and money in the long run.
- Express Water Whole House Water Filter: The Express Water Whole House Water Filter has a 3 step purification process to ensure that your home has the best water possible. This filter can purify up to 100,000 gallons of water. This whole house water filter is loved by many because it is a listed at an affordable price, and also because monitoring the levels of your filters can be done by taking a quick glance at the gauges.
- iSpring WGB32B 3-Stage Whole House Water Filtration System: The iSpring WGB32B 3-Stage Whole House Water Filtration System removes up to 95% of bacteria, dust, and even chlorine. The installation process is quite simple, and it does not need a lot of maintenance after installed. Lastly, this filter does not affect the water pressure of the house.
- 3M Aqua-Pure Whole House Water Filtration System: The 3M Aqua-Pure Whole House Water Filtration System is quite affordable compared to others in the market. It is an outstanding filter for removing chlorine from the water. This filter can easily be installed and required very little maintenance throughout its lifetime. In fact, you can quickly twist off the filter and replace it whenever needed.
- Watts WH-LD Premier Whole House Water Filter System: The Watts WH-LD Premier Whole House Water Filter System is a 50 micron sediment filter that is ideal for both home or business purposes. It can easily be installed, and it even comes with replacement filters. This filter is best for removing debris like dirt and dust from your water.
- DuPont WFPF13003B Universal Whole House: The DuPont WFPF13003B Universal Whole House water filter is the most affordable filter we have found for smaller households. It can easily purify up to 15,000 gallons of water. Ideally, this means that you will only need to replace the filter twice for a smaller household. DuPont also offers a 3 year warranty for this water filter.
What To look For In a Whole House Water Filter
Water flow is often an issue that many report after they have installed a whole house water filter. This can be because they have not purchased the correct water filter for their home’s necessities. Smaller households can easily survive with filters that can purify 10 gallons of water per minute. If you are a larger household or a household where you know heavy water consumption takes place at the same time of the day, then you may want to consider a larger filter type.
All filters clear out different things from your water. For example It is always advised to run a water test on your tap water to see what is found in your water. Based on the results of the test, then look for the best filters that can remove whatever is highest on your list.
3 Things You NEED To Know Before You Purchase one of The Top Whole House Water Filter!
The longevity of the filter is key when determining which water filter to purchase for your home. Most filters have a 100,000 or 1,000,000 gallon lifetime (like this best faucet mount water filter). The longevity of the unit truly depends on how large your family is, which is why we always recommend having a water filter pitcher for well water handy because when your the main filter goes out you have a pitcher that filter out hard water, which happens to be the best pitchers to get. Changing the filter of the unit is the main maintenance priority and something you should always remember to do.
If you are a large household or a smaller household that expects to have a large water consumption, then it is best to make sure you invest in a good whole house water filter. Not doing enough research can mean that you will have to spend hundreds of dollars replacing filters or even the whole filter altogether.
Microns are tiny particles that help with the purification process of the water. The most expensive and more functional water filters can block anything as small as .35 microns. However, these are also the most expensive water filters. The average whole house water filters you can find in the market block particles that are larger than 1 micron.
Final Thoughts on The Top Rated Whole House Water Filters
There you have it! Above you may find the 8 best whole house water filters currently on the market. They all range in prices and even the features that they offer. The classic features that you may find in most units are different stages of purification. These filters can easily be installed, and most DIY lovers can complete the installation process without the help of a professional. Like what you’re reading? Then check out the top under sink water filter reviews.